|Title||Community-Based Development Schemes for Geothermal Energy|
|Link to project website||CROWDTHERMAL|
|Project duration||9/2019 – 8/2022|
|GeoZS role in the project||Linked third party connected to the Slovenian Geological Society|
CROWDTHERMAL aims to empower the European public to directly participate in the development of geothermal projects with the help of alternative financing schemes (crowdfunding) and social engagement tools. In order to reach this goal, the project will:
- understand the requirements for social licencing and develop a Social Licence to Operate (SLO) model for the different geothermal technologies and installations;
- review any successful case studies, as well as national/EU bottlenecks to alter-native financing of geothermal energy in all EU countries;
- formulate new financial models for crowdsourcing on a national and trans-na-tional basis, covering individual member-states and Europe as a whole;
- develop recommendations for a novel risk mitigation scheme that will be complementing the alternative financing solutions while also protecting private investors’ interest;
- validate findings with the help of three case studies in Iceland, Hungary and Spain;
- develop core services for social media based promotion and alternative financing of geothermal projects, working closely with existing structures & conventional players.
The project will be implemented by 10 partners from 7 countries, coordinated under the leadership of the European Federation of Geologists (EFG) which brings to the project also involvement of 17 Linked Third Parties. GeoZS sees its role as a connected party to the Slovenian Geological Society.