The laboratory of the Geological Survey of Slovenia performs sedimentological, petrological, mineralogical, palaeontological and geochemical testing and analysis.
For sample preparation:
- Jaw crusher,
- disk mill, agate ball mill,
- pulveriser with rings,
- saws for cutting large samples and borehole cores,
- ultrasonic baths.
For particle size analysis, concentration / separation, melting samples:
- Sieves for particle size distribution analysis from 36 mm to 0,04 mm,
- laser particle sizer Fritsch (grain sizes from 0,5 to 0,0001 mm),
- heavy liquid separation,
- magnetic stirrers for melting samples in suspension.
For specimen preparation:
- Saws for cutting small samples,
- grinding and polishing machine,
- system Logitech for cutting, grinding and polishing samples for optic microscopy and scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
- Polarizing microscopes Opton, Leitz and Zeiss (transmitted and reflected light microscopy and fluorescence microscopy) with a system for the production of microphotographs,
- scanning electron microscope (SEM, BSE, EDS),
- binocular magnifier Zeiss,
- equipment for complexometric chemical analyses.